Get Lit Beacon
Beginner and Intermediate Writing Workshops.
It’s true that writing is an endeavor best done alone. But how do you begin? What if you’re stuck? And what happens once you have something written? I can help you through all stages of the writing process, from beginner to seeking out publication. I offer private lessons via Skype.
Beginner Writing Workshop
Tuesdays, February 20-March 20, 2018
This 5-week class is open to writers of all levels. In it, you’ll learn concrete craft elements for definite ways to improve your work.
- How to create characters and make them leap off the page.
- The heart of plotting your stories so readers will want to stay till the end.
- Ways to “show” what’s happening so readers will dive deeply into your creative world.
- Tools for fighting writer’s block and staying inspired.
- We’ll also cover basics on how to get published.
Intermediate Writing Workshop
Wednesdays, February 21-March 21, 2018
This 5-week intermediate workshop is open to writers who have 5 pages of one story to share for feedback. Writers will learn how to give constructive criticism, which will teach you how to edit your own work. We will also cover pacing, authenticity, and getting to the heart of the story.