BeaconArts helps Beacon artists and arts organizations raise funds for their work. Many independent artists and small organizations do not have the 501(c)(3) tax status that makes them eligible to apply for grants and that makes gifts from individuals tax deductible for donors. BeaconArts members are eligible to apply for fiscal sponsorship via BeaconArts. The sponsored “project” might be a one-time arts presentation, an arts group that does not have its own 501(c)(3) status, or an ongoing project by an independent artist.
BeaconArts’ fiscal sponsorship program is open and accessible to artists and arts organizations based in Beacon in every artistic discipline – visual art, music, dance, theater, film, and more. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and require a minimum of three weeks of review time by the Board of Directors.
Email the completed application form to Christina Jensen, BeaconArts Fiscal Sponsorship Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be a member of BeaconArts.
- You must submit an application.
- Your project must be artistic.
- Your project must have some public benefit for the greater Beacon, NY area and be non-commercial in nature.
- You must have a United States mailing address.
Projects that are ineligible
- Award programs, grant programs, scholarship programs, or any other scenario in which the funds would be re-granted
- Commercial projects with the primary goal of making money.
- Projects without a substantial artistic component.
The following administrative fees apply to donations received by BeaconArts on behalf of fiscally sponsored projects.
5% up to $20,000 in funds received annually on behalf of the project
4% >$20,000 to $30,000 in funds received annually on behalf of the project
3% >$30,000 in funds received annually on behalf of the project
Processing time for applications for fiscal sponsorship is approximately three weeks. Applications will be voted on at BeaconArts’ Board Meetings, typically held in the first half of each month.
All grant applications (for which a sponsored project will be using BeaconArts as a fiscal sponsor) must be reviewed by BeaconArts before being submitted to the foundation or funding source.