Nominations may come from individuals or organizations within or outside Dutchess County. Poets may self nominate.
Nominees for the Dutchess County Poet Laureate must:
1. Reside in Dutchess County for at least two years.
2. Be a published author with a body of high quality work.
3. Be comfortable in the performance of poetry in public.
4. Be interested in presenting a sense of the community through poetry.
5. Be willing to advocate and educate people about poetry.
Nominations for 2017 Dutchess County’s Poet Laureate must be submitted by November 30, 2016 to the Arts Mid-Hudson office.
Click here for more details and to fill out the online application.
Please contact Arts Mid-Hudson with any questions,
845-454-3222 or email@example.com