Wed September 27, 2017
6:30 doors, 7:00 meeting
Welcome/Introductions – 7:05 pm
· 29 people in attendance.
· All present introduced themselves. Sign in.
Donna and CCE
· Donna led the group in learning one of the CCE’s signature “Flash Mob” dances.
· Donna talked about after school programs, Improv night, other classes for both kids and adults.
· Space is available for rental
· Minutes from June approved
MFU (Financial Report)
· Aaron presented. Treasurer’s report for August is here. Treasurer’s report approved
· Going to Camp Finance in October, sponsored by NYCON (New York State Council on Non Profits) to learn about best practices and financial strategies for non profit organizations.
· Two new members since August: Howling at the Edge of Chaos; Sanctuary
· 93 Business Members; 160 Artist Members; 13 Friends Members
· New Beacon Guide coming in November (for the holidays)
· Keep submitting your events! Form at https://beaconarts.org/submit-your-event-to-beaconarts/
· Reminder about Teachin’ Beacon – if you or your business teach classes or workshops, and you are a member, you can be listed in Teachin’ Beacon.
Overview of Programs/Projects
· Beacon 3D: 10/10/17 – celebration of project at Café Amarcord
· Keys to the City: Going great; $1,000 in donations collected; keeping a piano a Settlement Camp, but most will be removed from Main Street after Second Saturday October.
· Beacon Independent Film Fest: September 16 – 18. Sold out opening night; next festival will be in Spring of 2019. No Festival in 2018. Do not want to compete with Woodstock FF.
· Beacon Arts & Education Foundation: Fundraiser on October 21 for music programs.
· WOMS: Most installations are in; hard copy maps are available with the “game”; Bus shelter project in tandem with WOMS is huge success, seeking funding from City to complete all five shelters. Overall great feedback from businesses and artists.
· Beacon Open Studios: Last weekend of April 2018. Call for volunteers; Costume Ball January 27, looking for venue. Screening of documentary in March.
· Beacon Holidays: Members Holiday Event December 7 possibly at Hudson Valley Brewery. Christmas Tree happening again, still in planning.
Beacon and Beyond
Looking for new board members for BeaconArts, elections in January at the Annual Meeting.
15 Year Retrospective Gallery Exhibition for BeaconArts at the Beacon Institute opening in November. Will also be screening documentaries and videos and other special events every Second Saturday while the exhibit is running, through March 2018. Kalene Rivers (Electric Windows, Two Row Totems, Welcome to Beacon) will be curating.
Pumpkin Festival October 15, 2017; would like a piano!
What did we miss? Let us know at the next member meet up so we can set the record straight!
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 pm.