March 30, 2016 7:00 pm
Clutter, 163 Main St
Welcome and introductions
Minutes from last mtg approved
Project Manager Reports
Beacon Independent Film Festival – Terry
- Still accepting film submissions for this year’s festival- started reviewing earlier this time
- Last yr fundraiser honored Kelly Ellenwood, this yr honoring Margot Kingon at CineHub June 25
- Quarterly screening series, May 13
- Sept 16-18 at University Settlement Camp, more info beaconindiefilmfest.org
- gearing up again for this year- invite only
- Eleni will announce more details next month
Beacon Open Studios May 20-21
- Received grant from Arts MidHudson
- late registration still possible as of 3/30
- Truck City to return to Spire parking lot, The Ground will be broadcasting live (theground.town)
Windows on Main St
- getting set to release submission guidelines and more info
Financial Report MFU
Membership – Kelly
- been very active
- 160 artist members, 80 business members- steady growth
- send announcements/images in a timely fashion to email@example.com for inclusion in e-newsletter and website
- Just completed 4-week run for Annual Appeal- a fundraiser AND friend-raiser-
- telling people who we are, what projects have been under our umbrella and what we do to promote Beacon and the region as an arts and cultural destination.
- where member dollars go, such as the quarterly widely-distributed maps.
- what we are planning for the future.
- raised just over $4000
Bannerman Castle Trust brunch, silent art auction and music fundraiser at the Falcon 4/23, tickets call 855-256-4007
Constellation by Melissa McGill continues at Bannerman Island at dusk through 2017 (started last summer)
Philipstown.info – Kevin Foley
- changing name to The Highlands Current among other changes
- non-profit- public support, advertising, other sources of funding
- riverfront community concerns- broadening coverage of wide variety of topics
- arts and culture
- growth, relevance, honor, fairness
Hudson Valley Shakespeare Fest doing production of Our Town this summer to include locals in all aspects- running workshops
Scott’s Rethink Local community business collaboration
- Have an idea for a model business that shows that you can be both profitable and make a positive contribution to our communities?
- Submit your idea and get a chance to collaborate with Re>Think Local on the venture — and win a number of prizes, material and advisory.
- You’d work directly with a passionate, powerhouse board of directors that will oversee the process.
- BeaconArts members get the partner discount on the application fee.
Atelier 205 at Beacon Studios will have another Artist Talk April 9
Clutter – Josh and Miranda and Matt
- Designer art toys with a modern and local manufacturing process
- magazine, gallery, full-service agency- produce print, product, web content, Toy Awards
- sell online nationally/globally
- partnership with Kidrobot; working with artists to develop new toys
- Toy culture in Japan vs here
- importance of and reasons for being in this location/community even though most sales are elsewhere- exhibitions most 2nd Sats
- big presence on social media and free monthly magazine