Nominations may come from individuals or organizations within or outside Dutchess County. Poets may self nominate. Nominees for the Dutchess County Poet Laureate must:
- Reside in Dutchess County for at least two years.
- Be a published author with a body of high quality work.
- Be comfortable in the performance of poetry in public.
- Be interested in presenting a sense of the community through poetry.
- Be willing to advocate and educate people about poetry.
Nominations for 2019 Dutchess County’s Poet Laureate must be submitted by January 2, 2019 to the Arts Mid-Hudson office. Click here for more details and to fill out the online application.