Welcome to Beacon Second Saturday in Beacon, NY
One of the most talked about new destinations in the State of New York, Beacon has established itself as one of the great arts communities of the Hudson Valley.
• 60 miles north of Manhattan, Beacon has been described by The New York Times as The Hudson Valley’s most promising hot spot for contemporary art.
• In addition to great art, Beacon now offers a thriving culture of food, shopping and entertainment with spectacular historical destinations rich with Hudson Valley history.
• Beacon Arts Community Association (BeaconArts) is dedicated to promoting the city of Beacon as a center for the arts. The organization was formed when artists, galleries and non-profit arts advocates began to recognize the communal needs of this fast growing arts community.
• Second Saturday Beacon is a city-wide celebration of the arts held on the second Saturday of every month when galleries and shops stay open until 9pm. Gallery openings, music are just some of the ongoing events.
• Beacon is a member of Art Along the Hudson, a marketing collaborative with other art communities along the Hudson River. These communities celebrate the arts with special celebrations, events and Open Studio Tours. The Hudson Valley and Beacon are a great arts destinations. To learn more about Art Along the Hudson – www.artalongthehudson.com
Other websites to visit include: