Community Building Through Support of the Arts
Formed in 2002, BeaconArts is an organization whose members include artists, galleries, specialty shops, antique stores, restaurants, services, and supporters of the arts. Activities include Beacon Second Saturday, the BeaconArts website, the Beacon Guide, Art Along the Hudson, and events such as the Beacon Open Studios and Windows on Main St. and more.
General membership meetings are held monthly the 4th Wednesday of every month and is distributed via the member newsletter.
Beacon, New York is a thriving community and is known throughout the Hudson Valley and beyond as an arts destination.
(1) foster and encourage the advancement of the City of Beacon community, and its environs, as an arts and cultural center.
(2) coordinate, sponsor and provide educational opportunities related to the development of arts and cultural appreciation for area residents and visitors.
(3) stimulate a continuous effort to promote the City of Beacon as an arts and culture destination throughout the Hudson Valley and beyond.
(4) provide information and support in response to inquiries from individuals and entities seeking information regarding available arts and cultural programs and opportunities in the region.
(5) encourage public oriented groups and government organizations to support the advancement of the City of Beacon as an arts and cultural center.
President: Dan Rigney
Vice President: Kelly Ellenwood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Nelson Conde
Secretary: Jennifer Konig
Members at Large: Kirsten Heincke, Richard Kaplan, Terry Nelson, Scott Tillit and Lily Zand.
Additional BeaconArts Team Members:
Membership Coordinator: Brenda M De Leon
Bookkeeper: Patricia Vitacco
Project Managers: Theresa Goodman (BOS); Stephen Clair (Beacon Riverfest); Terry Nelson (Beacon Independent Film Festival); Laurence Guzman, Melissa Tatge, Hannah Anderson, Teresa Marra (Windows on Main); Stowe Boyd, Mark Wildonger (Beacon Sharrows Project); Kalene Rivers, Daniel Weise, Cary Janks (Electric Windows, Electric Projected, Two -Row Totems); Joe Bertolozzi (Beacons of Music); Nelson Conde (Beacon Jazz Festival).