Call for Entries Unison Gallery at Water Street Market Fifth Annual Mini Works Show: 2012
Submission Deadline: Sept 5th, 2012
Opening: Saturday, September 15, 2012, 5pm – 7pm
Unison Gallery at Water Street Market announces a call for entries for its Third Annual Mini Works Show, scheduled for September 2012. Curated by Kat Cappillino and Helen Gutfreund, the theme of this year’s exhibition is Idiom. Artists are challenged to create works in a 5″ x 5″(no bigger or no smaller) format that reflects upon or reinterprets this theme.
“Idiom” will be on display at Unison Gallery at Water Street Market, located at 10 Main Street in New Paltz, NY, from September 15th through October 14th, 2012. There will be an opening reception on Saturday, September 15th from 5 to 7 pm.
1. Artists are welcome and encouraged to submit multiple works
2. All works must be 5 inches wide by 5 inches high, and ready to hang on a wall. Within these size requirements, both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional works will be accepted. Media is flexible, but perishable items or art that requires electricity cannot be accommodated. All work must be 5” x 5”.
3. If your work is framed the outside dimensions can not exceed 5” x 5”
4. All works must be wall mountable
5. All work, framed or unframed, must have a hanging bracket attached to it
6. All 3-D works must be wall mountable
7. Works that require electricity or are perishable will not be accepted
Labeling of Artwork (s):
Work that is not labeled clearly will not be accepted. It is the artist’s responsibility to package their art carefully. We are not responsible for damaged work if it is not packaged properly.
1. An information label must be physically attached to the back of each submission (no paper clips or staples)
2. Labels must have the following: Name, Address, Phone Number & Email
3. Also label the outside of your packaging of your submission(s) with your Name.
$20 covers up to five (5) pieces of art submitted; $5 for each additional piece beyond that (in other words, one piece of art = $20; 5 pieces of art = $20, 6 pieces of art = $25, 10 pieces of art = $45). The curators reserve the right to exclude any work submitted. Please make checks payable to Unison Arts.
Sale of Works:
All work displayed must be for sale. Unison Arts and Learning Center receives a commission of 30% of the sale price of any piece of art sold during this exhibition. Each piece of art will be priced at $100 on the wall, without exception. Artists who sell work can expect to receive $70 for each piece sold.
Waiver: You must sign the waiver and send with your work.
Please mail or drop off submissions to:
Unison Arts and Learning Center
68 Mountain Rest Road
New Paltz, NY 12561
Additional Drop-offs in New Paltz:
Rhinebeck Artists Shop
“Idiom” is open to all artists 18 years or older. If your submission or artwork is mailed and you would like it returned, you must provide a SASE with adequate postage.
Artists with work that is accepted or rejected will be notified by e-mail; if you do not have an e-mail address please let us know the best way to contact you.