Formed in 2002, BeaconArts (Beacon Arts Community Association/BACA) is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that has promoted and nurtured the arts in Beacon for more than a decade.
Our members include artists, galleries, specialty shops, antique stores, restaurants, services, and supporters of the arts.
Our mission is to:
- Foster and encourage the advancement of the City of Beacon community, and its environs, as an arts and cultural center.
- Coordinate, sponsor and provide educational opportunities related to the development of arts and cultural appreciation for area residents and visitors.
- Stimulate a continuous effort to promote the City of Beacon as an arts and culture destination throughout the Hudson Valley and beyond.
- Provide information and support in response to inquiries from individuals and entities seeking information regarding available arts and cultural programs and opportunities in the region.
- Encourage public oriented groups and government organizations to support the advancement of the City of Beacon as an arts and cultural center.
Current Fiscally Sponsored Projects + Project Directors:
- American Center for Folk Music: Peggy Ross, et. al.
- Beacon 3D: Eleni Smolen
- Beacon Arts & Education Foundation: Anna Bergin + Lori Merhige
- BHouse: Jessica Jelliffe
- Beacon Open Studios: Amy C. Wilson; Theresa Gooby, Founding Director
- Beacon Independent Film Festival: Terry Nelson
- Beacon Sharrows Project: Stowe Boyd, Mark Wildonger
- Bike Beacon: Mark Roland
- Stories to Go: Karen Michel
- Two-Row Totems: Kalene Rivers
- Windows on Main Street: Teresa Marra + Diana Currie
Membership + Meetings
General membership meetings are held (mostly) monthly on the last Wednesday of every month; information regarding the meetings is distributed via the This Week in Beacon newsblast and beaconarts.org. You can also view past meeting minutes, financial reports and information about upcoming meetings here. To find out more about joining BeaconArts, click here: Join